Thursday, August 21, 2008

Updates

Ok, so it has been a while. And, yes, I know that my third blog shouldnt start out that way. To be fair, I never claimed to be good at this.

Still, if late is better than never, here are a few things that have been going on in my world lately:
  1. I'm really excited about the developments in the City on a Hill Project arena - the Lord is really blessing it and us from every angle, and that's pretty cool to watch.
  2. My parents and Justin's parents have come to visit (along with 3 of our 4 brothers, collectively), and it was great getting to show them our new place and around our area. Even better - there's a place for them to sleep here! :)
  3. I'm happily, albeit temporarily, working at UNC in the Office of University Events. I'm helping to plan Dr. Holden Thorp's installation ceremony and University Day. I'm really excited about it - I happen to like planning stuff. :)
  4. I met my first NC friend - she & her husband just moved here, too... It's been fun getting to know her!
  5. I got my first dog-sitting gig. Only a 1/2 day, but it just might be the start of a great new business!
  6. I really want a dog...

More about the new job later... but I have a funny story about an 8 ft. tall metal cabinet of high priced liquor that I am apparently responsible for...

2 comments:

Angela said...

I can't stand the wait! Share the liquor story!!!

Also, Lilly says she really misses you. She's quite lonely for some Simmons love. However, she is willing to be a reference for the dog-sitting business if needed.

Unknown said...

Yes definitely more on the liquor cabinet. I'm thinking party to entice people to the new church? You'd surely get lots of college students... hmmm, might cause problems later on though.